Catali Web Stores Terms and Conditions of Use
Description of the Catali Web Stores Platform
Catali Web Stores Ltd operates as a unique e-commerce platform that helps you to setup eCommerce stores where your business can be reached by customers all over the world.
The governing language of these terms and conditions of use as well as all communication between Catali Web Stores Ltd and you will be English language.
Eligibility to use the website.
You may use the Services only if you agree to form a binding contract with Catali Web Stores and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction. If you are accepting these Terms and using the Services on behalf of a company, business, or organization, you represent and warrant that you have the express or implied authorization to do so.
Unless otherwise stated, Catali Web Stores and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights and materials on the website subject to the license below. All text, formatting (including without limitation the arrangement of materials on the Catali Web Stores websites and the graphics, animation, tools, commercials, music, video, articles, sound, copy, trade names, logos and other materials and information on the website are subject to the intellectual property rights of Catali Web Stores Ltd and its affiliates and their licensors and licensees (collectively the “Content”). We do not grant you any right, license, title or interest to any of our intellectual Property rights which you may or may not have access to. These Content may not be copied, reverse engineered, decompiled, disassembles, modified or reposted to other websites. Nothing on the Catali Web Stores sites should be construed as granting by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Catali Web Stores websites without the written permission of Catali Web Stores Ltd or such third party that may own the Trademark. You agree to take such actions including any legal or official document or other documents that may be needed to further affirm our intellectual property rights.
Types of Users on the Platform
The two primary types of users on the Platform include:
Vendors: These are product sellers and service providers
Customers: These are users who buy from the vendors.
Others are strategic partners who promote the platform or render their services to the platform vendors and/or customers.
Registration and Account
You may not register with our platform if you are under 18 years of age (by using our platform or agreeing to these general terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age).
You may register for an account with our platform by completing and submitting the registration form on our website.
You represent and warrant that all information provided in the registration form is complete and accurate.
If you register for an account with our marketplace, you will be asked to provide an email address, phone number and password, and you agree to:
- keep your password confidential;
- notify us in writing immediately (by filling our Contact Us Form) if you become aware of any disclosure of your password; and
- be responsible for any activity on our platform arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and that you may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
Web Store policy and Pricing.
A web store is a special website on our platform that is optimized primarily for sales of products and services. The web store offers a wide range of options to the vendors including premium features/ customization.
Payments made for subscription to the Web store premium, add-ons, features, tools and use of other features on the package are not refundable unless it is covered in our 30-days return policy.
A vendor using the Web Store Premium can upgrade to a higher plan simply by subscribing and paying the difference between his current plan and the new plan subscribed to.
Where a vendor chooses to subscribe to a plan whose cost is lesser than his current plan, he will not be entitled to any refund. However, the vendor's next renewal plan after the subscription will attract the charge of the new plan subscribed to.
Prices for exclusive services rendered by Catali Web Stores are stated in the Pricing section of the Catali Web Stores website.
Payment and settlement.
We use licensed third-party payment service providers to process payments. These includes the payments vendors make to our platform for subscription to our premium services, programs and addons, and the payment customers make to buy your goods and services provided by vendors.
All payments processed on behalf of vendors are settled the next day to the vendors' provided receiving details.
Cryptocurrency settlements must not be less that USD25 equivalent for settlement to be processed. The receiver bears the gas fees for the transaction.
Naira settlements must not be less that NGN1,000 for settlement to be processed.
We do not offer cryptocurrency payment option to Nigeria market region. Be sure that your chosen market region supports cryptocurrency as means of payment before opt-in as we will not be liable for any breach of local laws and restrictions.
Limitation of Liability
Your use of Catali Web Stores and services is at your own risk. We are not liable for what the vendors sell, the outcome of their transactions or damages. You agree to the limitation liability clause to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law: Catali Web Stores Ltd will in no way be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental punitive, consequential, special or exemplary damages or any damages including damages resulting from revenue loss, profit loss, use, data, goodwill, business interruption or any other intangible losses (whether Catali Web Stores Ltd has been advised of the possibility of such damages or not) arising out of Catali Web Stores' website or services (including, without limitation to inability to use, or arising from the result of use of Catali Web Stores' websites or services) whether such damages are based on warranty, tort, contract, statute or any other legal theory.
You hereby indemnify Catali Web Stores Ltd and undertake to keep Catali Web Stores Ltd, its staff and affiliates indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities, and expenses (including without limitation reasonable legal fees and expenses) arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these Terms arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these Terms. You will indemnify and hold Catali Web Stores Ltd harmless from and against any claim, suit or proceedings brought against Catali Web Stores Ltd arising from or in connection with violations of Intellectual Property or other rights of third parties in relation to your use of the Services.
Right to suspend, bar account and other legal measures.
Under no circumstance is a vendor allowed to use Catali Web Stores platform for the promotion of any service, transaction, product, or activity that:
- falls within the Prohibition List of the Nigerian Customs Administration of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
relates to the sale and/or purchase of:
- fireworks, destructive devices and explosives;
- any product or service that is illegal or marketed or sold in such a way as to create liability to Catali Web Stores Ltd;
- banned narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer's safety;
- blood, bodily fluids or body parts;
- burglary tools;
- counterfeit items;
- illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia;
- fireworks, destructive devices and explosives;
- identity documents, government documents, personal financial records or personal information (in any form, including mailing lists);
- lottery tickets, sweepstakes entries or slot machines without the required license;
- offensive material or hate speech or items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime;
- recalled items;
- prohibited services;
- unlicensed financial services, stocks or other securities;
- stolen property;
- items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction;
- sales of currency without BDC license and other operations that are proscribed by the Central Bank of Nigeria Laws or any other law regulating financial transparency and public policy;
- obscene material or pornography;
- production of military and paramilitary wears and accoutrement, including those of the Police and the Customs, Immigration and Prison Services.
- show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law;
- support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other "get rich quick" schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs;
- are associated with purchases of annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card;
- pertain to ammunitions and arms; and
- involve gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to casino games, sports betting, horse or greyhound racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) and sweepstakes unless the operator has obtained prior approval from Catali Web Stores and the operator and customers are located exclusively in jurisdictions where such activities are permitted by law.
You cannot use Catali Web Stores platform for the promotion of any product, service, transaction or activity that:
- violates any law or government regulation, or promotes or facilitates such by third parties;
- violates any rule or regulation of Visa, MasterCard, Verve or any other electronic funds transfer network (each, a “Card Network”);
- is fraudulent, deceptive, unfair or predatory;
- causes or threatens reputational damage to us or any Card Network;
- creates a significant risk of chargebacks, penalties, damages or other harm or liability On Catali Web Stores.
If, upon investigation and in our sole discretion, we conclude that you may have engaged in any of the listed activities, we may (with or without notice to you) take such actions as we deem appropriate to mitigate risk to Catali Web stores and any impacted third parties and to ensure compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy. Such actions may include, without limitation:
- Blocking the settlement or completion of one or more payments;
- Suspending, restricting or terminating your access to and use of the Catali Web Stores Services;
- Terminating our business relationship with you, including termination without liability to Catali Web Stores of any payment service agreement between you and Catali Web stores;
- Taking legal action against you;
- Contacting and disclosing information related to such violations to (i) persons who have sold/purchased goods or services from you, (ii) any banks or Card Networks involved with your business or transactions, (iii) law enforcement or regulatory agencies, and (iv) other third parties that may have been impacted by such violations; or
- Assessing against you any fees, penalties, assessments or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that we may incur as a result of such violations, which you agree to pay promptly upon notice.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions of Use
Catali Web Stores Ltd reserves the right to change, revise or modify these Terms from time to time by updating this page. The changes will not be retroactive, and the most current version of the Terms which will always be on this page and will continue to govern our relationship with you. Please note that by continuing the usage of this service, you agree to be bound by the revised terms and notifications.
These Terms supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements between you and Catali Web Stores whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter. In the event that any of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary, and the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full effect. Catali Web Stores' failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision.
If you have any complaints about us and our Services, you may contact us at https://www.catali.org/contact-us